You asked, and we listened: Lightspeed Payments has crossed the border and is now available in Canada. By eliminating the need for a separate payments provider, new and existing Lightspeed Retail users will benefit from Lightspeed Payments’ direct integration with the commerce platform that saw its merchants in Canada grow six times faster than industry averages in 2019.
Powering this expansion is our newly forged partnership with global payments processing platform Stripe. Lightspeed Payments now offers a faster checkout experience, improved reporting and sleek new hardware well-suited for ambitious omnichannel merchants.
With Payments technology at their fingertips, even more SMBs now have access to true end-to-end customer service and sophisticated technology to improve their clients’ checkout experience. Operating from one system, retailers across Canada can leverage the suite of modules that make up the Lightspeed platform to operate strategically from a single backend.
“I know exactly how much our transactions cost. With a straight percentage and small per-transaction fee, I’m not looking through pages of interchange costs and seemingly bizarre fees that other companies charge. It’s easy to understand.”—Carol Lacher of Nicety’s
Here are some features merchants can look forward to with Lightspeed Payments:
- Transparent pricing and cost certainty: No startup fees, no hidden fees, just standard rates for card-present transactions and card-not-present transactions, no matter the card type.
- Simplified set-up: Frictionless, plug-and-play process to get transactional quickly.
- Fast and secure checkout experience: Supports all major payment methods and processes refunds without having to ask the cardholder to present their card.
- Built-in data protection: PCI compliant solution that helps SMBs combat fraud risk with 24/7 monitoring and payments experts readily available to help when needed, from support to chargeback assistance.
- One place to manage the business: With one source of data and one company to trust, SMBs can manage their businesses in one place, including financial reporting and cash flow tracking.
“Lightspeed Payments is extraordinarily easy to use and has modernized the way we run our business,” says LABEL Boutique owner Sarah Barton. “Implementing a payments solution that was directly integrated with my point of sale system has eased the burden on my staff and led to a smoother customer experience. It’s a nice touch that Stripe’s modern terminals blend in with the carefully curated aesthetic of my brick-and-mortar shop.”