What’s new in the Lightspeed Restaurant 7.25 app?
Improved online order management:
- We’ve updated how online orders are received on your POS. With the enabled setting, online orders are now automatically accepted – even without a logged-in POS user.
- This means even if your device is idle, online orders are still automatically accepted on the POS. If online orders are received without a logged-in user, they’re assigned to an admin user instead.
How to enable the auto-accept online orders setting:
- Go to Restaurant Manager > Devices > Restaurant App Settings > General Settings and select how the specified device accepts online orders. “Automatically accept” or “Automatically accept and finalize” means online orders are auto-accepted with or without a logged-in POS user attached to the order.
Important tips when using online ordering:
- If your business accepts online orders, make sure your device doesn’t go to sleep – otherwise, orders won’t be received. To disable device sleep, go to Restaurant Manager > Devices > Restaurant App Settings > General Settings and select “Disable Device Sleep.” If your device is always on, make sure it’s plugged in to a power source.
- Always confirm your current business hours with online order integrations. If your device accepts online orders even without a logged in POS user, it’s important your business accepts orders while you’re actually open.
For Liteserver users, some features require a LiteServer to be updated to version 7.21. This update occurs automatically. Please contact our Support Team to update your Liteserver sooner.