We’ve improved the installation process of OnSite by preventing server access during the installation, which could lead to missing data. You will find an improved warning message when updating from older versions of OnSite.
- We’ve removed Vantiv from available payment processors and removed the ability to select Vantiv as a payment gateway or payment terminal.
- We’ve improved client logging by setting the date and time format to local time and made it easier to capture logs to assist with support debugging issues.
- We’ve added the ability to skip the backup phase. We strongly recommend that you always perform a backup prior to installing Lightspeed OnSite.
- Lightspeed OnSite is now built with the 64-bit architecture and is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra. The message: Warning: this application may not be fully compatible, will no longer show.
- We’ve made changes to the cost being used on the Invoice, Quote, Order and SRO documents. These documents will now use the cost average by default, which should more correctly reflect your actual costs. To change this setting back to the previous behaviour of using the current product default cost, please contact Support.
- We’ve changed the backup file name to use the same friendly version they see on the software UI, depending on how the merchant is doing their backup maintenance this could impact some workflows. NOTE: Please check your backups to ensure they’re being copied off-site correctly after updating.
- We’ve changed the nomenclature of backup files to include the version as seen in the UI. Please double check your backups when transferring them off site as they will be named differently.
- We’ve updated the server to a new OpenSSL version.
- Fixed an issue in the payment terminal window where multiple lines could be incorrectly entered into what was intended to be a single line field.
- Fixed an occasional crash when attempting to save a payment method with special characters in the name.
- Fixed an issue where in some scenarios, invoices would incorrectly show Owing 0.00 instead of Paid.
- Fixed an issue where creating a backorder from an invoiced order, for a product with an edited sell price, the sell price would incorrectly revert to the default sell price.
- Fixed a problem with live rules where a crash would occasionally occur when editing pricing level costs.
- Fixed an issue with selling serial numbers containing “+” characters.
- Fixed an issue in the Accounts Receivable card where the Total Payment edit box was not styled to look like an edit box.
- Fixed an issue with Beta builds not being identified in Lightspeed > About Lightspeed.
- Fixed a performance issue by adding a new setting to Tools > Utilities > Database Maintenance that allow merchants who have the Access Troubleshooting privilege to control some database maintenance tasks like Vacuum and Re-index to speed up database queries.
- Fixed an issue where automatic price calculations in past invoices could be confusing by added a new column to help users understand how they are being applied.
- Fixed an issue where Lightspeed would hang when trying to process some transactions on the Accounts Receivable window.
- Fixed an issue where Lightspeed would incorrectly lock an invoice.
- Fixed an issue with animation on the OnSite installer where clicking next or previous would not animate the action.
- Fixed an issue with the Save, Send and Receive buttons in Transfers Out and Transfers In where the state of the Transfer document was not clear. Now the wording of the warning dialogs in Transfer documents has been updated to be actionable as opposed to “Yes/No” dialogs.
- Fixed an issue where inventory would be Stuck in reserved and wouldn’t be released when an order was deleted.
- Fixed an issue when voiding with Moneris. Lightspeed was incorrectly passing the reference id, causing the void attempt to fail.
- Fixed an issue where in Lightspeed version 2018.2, Lightspeed was repeatedly asking for authentication when communicating with remote stores. It should now only ask once, until your password is changed or expired.
- Fixed an issue where you needed to save when clicking on the Customer tab after entering a walk-in customer in a Quote, Order or SRO. This issue will also no longer change the status of line items.
- Fixed an issue where applying payments using a MagTek swiper in the Accounts Receivable card would cause a crash. NOTE: It is recommended that merchants switch to an EMV compliant device, provided one is available in your region.
- Fixed an issue where the UPC digits were not displayed after adding a product to a Purchase Order or Transfer and switching to the Receiving/Sending tab.
- We’ve added the ability in Point of Sale Mode to lookup serial numbers by partial lookup.
- Fixed an issue with usernames containing “&” not being able to switch to POS mode.
- We’ve added a Multi-store Sales by Product report, allowing the merchant to generate a report from all stores.
- Fixed an issue with the Sales by Product Report, where the Total Cost column showed inconsistencies between invoices created in POS mode and StoreMaster when the setting Cost always equals sell was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where Supplier invoices could be generated without taxes when made from a Purchase Order.
- Lightspeed’s “Web Long Description” field in Products > Web will no longer automatically convert smart quotes and dashes when you type.
- OnSite-eCom customers will now be able to see updated addresses syncing from eCom to their downloaded Onsite orders.
- Fixed an issue when updating matrix products where Lightspeed was incorrectly including products as part of a matrix, leading to issues when syncing to eCom.
- Fixed an issue where in some rare cases, an eCom order can have no product code, causing an upload error.
- Fixed an issue with how eCom orders reserve products in Lightspeed. When an order downloaded from eCom, and the stock isn’t available, the orders status will be Requested, the Product Inventory will be 0, and the inventory from the order will be backordered.
- We’ve added a new client logger to help track down errors with report printing. If you experiencing this problem, please contact support for assistance with troubleshooting these errors.
- Fixed an issue with an error message that occured when unbalanced GL accounts are exported to Quickbooks by making it more descriptive.
- Fixed an issue on Purchase Orders where text in a line item would overlap on items that were linked to Orders and SROs.
- Fixed an issue with the “Open Customer” action in Purchase Orders if the Purchase Order has a customer attached to it.
- Fixed an issue where the received serial number count would not update in a Purchase Order until all serial numbers were received.
- Fixed an issue on Purchase Orders where the quantity wasn’t being correctly copied over from Orders or Quotes.
- Fixed an issue where Lightspeed would occasionally crash when entering a discount on a newly-created Purchase Order.
- Issue with PDF background images no longer printing on receipts.
- Issue with sale prices no longer printing on labels.
- Issue with integrated Tyro payments (Australia only) occasionally crashing.
NOTE: If any of these known issue would affect you, we recommend you wait until a fix has been released before upgrading OnSite.