- We’ve improved system performance when opening and saving cards, for example: product cards, customer cards, invoices and orders.
- We’ve improved system performance when loading backup history.
- We’ve added caching when using Smart Finds to improve overall performance.
- In preparation for migrating OnSite to 64-bit compatibility, we’ve changed the naming convention of transition backups in order to differentiate them from normal backups.
- The (new) Deposit column in the Orders view, introduced in OnSite 2016 1.2.3, is now visible by default after upgrading to OnSite 2016 1.3. A known issue with the credit display (see Fixes, StoreMaster below), in certain cases, forced us to set the default visibility of the Deposit column to not visible; that issue has now been resolved.
- We’ve updated our 3rd-party API tutorial.
- We’ve added a new Gift Card API. Please refer to the 3rd-party API tutorial for details.
- The process for creating multiple matrix products is now 39% faster than in OnSite 2016 1.2.3 (although still slightly slower than it was in Lightspeed OnSite 2015).
- Fixed an issue where an eCom order containing a line item with a quantity of 0 results in an exception, thereby preventing the order from being downloaded.
- Fixed an issue where disabling the Enable Inventory Reservations option (under Tools > Settings > Basics > Company) and simultaneously enabling the Download Orders as: option (under Tools > eCommerce), results in inventory being reserved on orders, but not being removed from reserve when the orders are invoiced or deleted. This causes stuck reserved inventory, which can only be removed with a payload.
- Fixed an issue where the total for a downloaded eCom order does not reflect the regular selling price, if you first remove the customer assigned to the order and then re-add a customer assigned to a customer category with pricing level. In this scenario, if you click Yes to apply the customer category’s pricing level, OnSite sets the order’s regular selling price to the category’s pricing level, but does not change the total. As a result, the invoice for the order is based on the regular selling price (or the category’s pricing level value) and does not match the original eCom order.
- Fixed an issue where if you clear the quantity field for a new line item in an order, quantity is set to NULL instead of 0.
- Fixed an issue where products with the Sell Online option enabled (under product card > Web tab) can be deleted. Deletion is now prevented.
- Fixed an issue where taxes from eCom orders do not appear and print on full page invoices.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the New button in the label designer opens the printer dialog instead of page setup.
- Fixed an issue where the company logo (configured under Tools > Setup > Basics > Company > Logo) may not match the logo printed on receipts.
- Fixed an issue causing Lightspeed OnSite to crash when running Intelligence > Accounts Receivable on Date reports.
- Fixed an issue where the left column in StoreMaster disappears for some users after upgrading to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Note: macOS 10.13 High Sierra is only unofficially supported in this version of OnSite.
- Fixed an issue where re-saving an order with a deposit (for both eCom and in-store orders) creates another copy of the credit on the customer’s account.
- Fixed performance issues with sales documents when removing line items.
- Fixed an issue where, in some cases, pre-existing eCom orders that had been credited and invoiced prior to Lightspeed OnSite version 1.2.3 may show up in StoreMaster as Invoiced but with a Credit remaining.
- Fixed an issue where the value that is typed in the search field is not displayed when searching for serial numbers in product cards.
- Fixed an issue where the Update Costs of Products on this PO option in purchase orders is disabled on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where duplicating a product does not replicate the product’s tax status.
- Fixed an issue where all margins for line items in invoices are set to 0$.
- Fixed an issue where products that have their tax status deleted no longer appear in StoreMaster.
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where products created with the non-default tax status have an incorrect selling price (including taxes).
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue in the product card where the price is not calculated correctly in accordance with the Selling Price.
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where the sell price is calculated incorrectly in sales documents if the unit quantity is 0.
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where manually assigning certain sell prices to products with an editable selling price results in a rounding issue on orders, quotes and SROs (service repair orders).
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where the Total Sell in sales reports does not match the subtotal of the corresponding invoice.
- Tax-inclusive: Fixed an issue where changing the tax status of a product to No Tax does not change the product’s (tax-inclusive) selling price to the tax-exclusive value, as expected.
- Fixed an issue where a product’s selling price on orders, quotes and SROs (service repair orders) is not rounded the same way as in the corresponding invoice.
- Fixed an issue where updating a non-editable sell price line item with a percentage results in discrepancies.
- Fixed an issue where the Cash Rounding setting is disabled automatically by OnSite.
- Fixed an issue that results in rounding discrepancies when editing a product’s selling price on an invoice.
Setup, Installation & Miscellaneous
- Fixed an issue where the OnSite Server appears unresponsive when performing certain tasks, such as import & export.
- Fixed an issue where an unexpected error occurs and causes Lightspeed OnSite to crash upon initial log in or when accessing Setup > Users.
- Fixed an issue that prevented data from loading upon initial login.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a company logo for the POS screen by clicking Choose results in images being greyed out. (Dragging and dropping images works fine.)
- Fixed an issue that blocks the installer from completing during the installation of OnSite on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Note: macOS 10.13 High Sierra is only unofficially supported in this version of OnSite.
- Fixed an issue where the Upgrade Lightspeed button in the Lightspeed Server System Preference panel navigates to an incorrect web page.
- Fixed an issue where the Dashboard does not display properly after removing a widget.
- Fixed an issue where capturing a photo for a customer or supplier captures a white image.
- Fixed an issue where back orders appear to lose track of applied credits. We’ve added a check to ensure that a customer is attached to sales documents to prevent this.
- Fixed an issue in the API where an error is generated while querying line items with discounts that are < 1 and missing the leading zero.
Known Issues (in OnSite 2016 1.2+)
- During Beta testing, some users reported performance issues with StoreMaster, under very specific circumstances. While we have made several changes in the 2016 1.3 release to optimize performance, please be aware that performance issues may persist for some users. Our Support and Development teams continue to work to diagnose and resolve any performance issues.
- Lightspeed OnSite displays the average cost (instead of default) on orders, quotes and SROs (service repair orders).
- The Disclosure icon is not displayed for the Tax Status field when importing suppliers and products.
- The Apply Credit button on an invoice remains enabled (green) even after all available credit is applied to the invoice.
- Tax-inclusive: There’s a one-cent (1¢) rounding discrepancy between orders in eCom and the same order downloaded to OnSite.
- On a fresh install, Lightspeed OnSite sends label print jobs to the full page printer instead of to the label printer, by default. To fix this, select the label printer before submitting your initial label print job; Lightspeed OnSite will then use the specified printer setting for all subsequent label print jobs.