Lightspeed is seeking a seasoned and conscientious security professional for the role of Vice President, Information Security. Reporting to the SVP, Product, the successful candidate will have the chance to lead the Information Security team at one of Canada’s most exciting and fast-growing companies. You will be a trusted advisor to senior leadership about internal and external threats to information security, and will also be an experienced leader who takes charge of advancing, implementing and overseeing Lightspeed’s enterprise information security strategy.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Develop a comprehensive and appropriate information and technology risk management strategy that can be scaled and adapted to the current and evolving information security and cyber climate.
- Develop and direct Lightspeed’s global information security roadmap with respect to information security, operational security, security system implementations and management of vulnerabilities, threats and cyber risks.
- Establish standards, guidelines, policies and best practices to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information that is owned, controlled or processed by the organization.
- Provide guidance and advocacy about security investments.
- Provide senior business leaders and the board of directors with regular reporting related to the status of the information security program, as needed.
- Facilitate use of metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of strategies and programs and facilitate appropriate resource allocation.
- Direct the management and investigation of security incidents and events to protect corporate assets, corporate and personal data, and the company’s reputation.
- Oversee the delivery of consistent security awareness training for all employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Accountability for vendor risk management.
- Identify and maintain relevant industry assessment/certifications (PCI, SOC 2 Type 2).
- Monitor the external environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10+ years of senior management experience in IT Security.
- 5+ years leading investigations and managing incidents.
- Strong career path within Security (Network, Systems, Application & Cloud security) and other aspects of IT & Operations at global organizations with an eye towards DevSecOps.
- Demonstrated record of success with delivering enterprise security programs on time, within budget and at a high standard of quality.
- Experience aligning security strategy with business imperatives and ability to communicate link between current activities and goals.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Strong leadership as an individual who can drive a culture where people feel safe, included, inspired, trusted and supported so they can be, and bring, their best.
- Strong knowledge & prior experience with PCI and SOC 2 Type 2.
- Certifications desired: CISSP, CISM, or other management level security certifications.
- A desire to pitch in and help others wherever needed.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience managing Cloud security.
- Experience managing security across organizations with a global presence.
- Experience working with leading-edge companies in disruptive industries.
- Experience with M&A integration.
Who you are
- You’re a security expert and a great people manager.
- You are self-motivated and possess strong organizational skills.
- You are motivated by new experiences and delivering a high level of service to your stakeholders.
- You are a creative problem solver and work well under pressure.
- You demonstrate a high standard of integrity.
- You want to exchange ideas effectively and be a good teammate - we work as a team!
- You are curious, willing to improve and are eager to tackle all problems.
What’s in it for you
- This is your chance to be the most senior information security expert at one of the most exciting global tech companies.
- Amazing benefits and perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders and a dynamic environment.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
- Supportive colleagues, strong culture of collaboration cross-functionally, and exciting new challenges to address on a daily basis.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!