Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven, Content Specialist to join our Marketing team in Amsterdam. Reporting to the Global Head of Content, the candidate will be the voice of Lightspeed to our UK customers, writing and optimizing content that nurtures our community and delivers positive business outcomes.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented and self-motivated. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Distribution of global assets:
- Work with our North American content team to tweak, distribute and scale content assets including blog posts, newsletters, case studies, landing pages, social media posts, webinars, white papers, etc, to drive organic traffic and help acquire new customers.
- Coordinate the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media.
Creation of local content for the UK:
- Work with the Head of Content to implement content strategies such as building a top of funnel audience, implementing SEO best practices, measuring results, and iterating accordingly.
- Promote the Lightspeed brand and our products through creative local content.
- Edit and format web content to ensure it follows our corporate branding and style guidelines
- Define the intended outcomes of content production and promotion.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends
- Work with the uk marketing specialist to support local campaigns & events.
- Work with the partner marketing specialist to provide local integration blog updates.
Build media relations & PR:
- Build local relationships with UK media in the restaurant & retail sectors.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and improving media outreach efforts.
- Develop relationships with influential bloggers and websites in the retail and restaurant industry.
- Building lists and relationships with journalists: identifying and pitching stories, replying to press inquiries
- Coordinate incoming interview / speaking requests.
- The ability to draft, edit, and distribute press releases.
- 2+ years working in content creation
- 2+ years working in PR
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Superior storytelling skills
- Good SEO understanding, with an emphasis on content categorization and structure
- Strong online research skills
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Comfortability with modern web technologies and marketing applications (including content management systems like Wordpress)
- Advanced level abilities with analytics tools like Google Analytics and Looker
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks efficiently
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn/grow
- Relevant diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing is a plus
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video is a plus
- Experience in retail and/or restaurant industries is a plus
- Fluency in languages other than English is a plus
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!