Lightspeed’s Customer Content team is looking for someone to help create customer-facing, cross-vertical content for our Help Centers and customer communications as we continue to grow into new markets and continuously improve the self-serve experience for all our customers.
About the role
As part of the Customer Content team, you’ll be reporting to our Customer Content Team Leads and working alongside Technical Writers on creating content for new and updated product features and also self-directed team goals that push innovation and help the team compete in the market. You’ll collaborate closely with our Product teams, Support team, and Onboarding team to create clear and accessible content and make sure the self-serve experience of our customers is both engaging and genuinely helpful. [The position can be based anywhere in NoAm]
About the team
Our vision is to help customers learn, evolve and thrive—from proficiency to reaching their fullest potential. We fuel their knowledge with impactful content that genuinely helps all our customers—no matter where they are or how they learn best. We listen to data to better understand their entrepreneurial passions and how our content can help them thrive in their endeavours.
As teammates, we treat each other with compassion and care about each other's well-being. We want everyone on the team to feel safe speaking their minds and being their authentic selves. We trust in each other's talents and capabilities and believe we can accomplish our goals together—no matter how ambitious.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work closely with Team Leads, Technical Writers, and Product teams to research and create customer-facing content for the self-serve experience of all our product verticals (Help Centers, release notes, customer communications, etc.)
- Write in accordance with the defined content strategy and style guide for help center content
- Contribute to the betterment of the Technical Writing practice within the organization
- Lead the content strategy for help center content for designated products
- Peer review and proofread work of other Technical Writers
- Participate in all aspects of documentation development, from product planning through product release in an agile environment
- Define appropriate medium for different content needs (articles, videos, guides)
- Contribute to standardization of content across help centers and platforms
- Help measure impact and reach of content using various data metrics
Who you are
- You are clear thinker who can learn complex technologies quickly and explain them simply
- You are a strong collaborator who works well with others and develops lasting partnerships with other teams and stakeholders
- You are resourceful and love making decisions and problem solving based on independent research
- You thrive working in a fast-paced tech environment
- You are able to work with deadlines and adapt to shifting project timelines
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills in English
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and self-manage priorities
- Several years of experience executing on high-impact help content
- Peer feedback to your fellow Technical Writers
- Key contributor to the content strategy
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with knowledge management tools (e.g. Zendesk Guide)
- Experience with localization tools (e.g. Transifex, LocalizeJS, OneSky)
- Experience with data tools (e.g. Zendesk Explore, Google Analytics)
- Fluency in other languages
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set and provide leadership and mentorship for the team
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!