Lightspeed is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator - IT Operations who will play a key role in a modern, ever growing environment. The candidate should be a driven, experienced IT professional with strong skills in a wide array of technologies and platforms.
The Systems Administrator - IT Operations will ensure Lightspeeds systems are available at all times, maintained and secured to industry best practices and actively own and resolve level 3 incidents and upskill level 2 and below whenever possible.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Maintain and administer our Atlassian Suite both server and cloud (Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket & Bamboo)
- Ensure infrastructure and service compliance with latest security standards and best practices
- Act as top escalation (level 3) systems support along with on-call duties
- Administration of key systems such as Company communication & collaboration tools, MDM, IAM & Endpoint Security
- Provide technical insight and documentation for the rest of the IT team
- Perform ongoing monitoring and tuning, upgrades, backups and resource optimization as required
- Ensure redundancy and stability for all critical systems
- Ensure data protection and recovery for all supported systems
- Be proactive in striving to improve yourself, your team and all things around you
- 3+ years of experience administering Linux servers & LAMP stacks
- Experience within an AWS environment
- Experience administering Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- GSuite administration in an enterprise environment
- MDM administration & automation knowledge, preferably but not limited to JAMF
- IAM administration & automation knowledge, preferably but not limited to OneLogin
- Endpoint Security administration knowledge
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Experience with networks within and enterprise environment
- Fluency in French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!