As a Support Specialist, you will provide full-time technical assistance for our popular Point of Sale software. Our Support Specialist team is designed for customers needing assistance using the platform. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be in contact on a daily basis with our customers via phone and email. This position can be fully remote (Canada).
What you’ll be responsible for
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service to our customers
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Liaise with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences
- Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management
About our team
The Montreal support team is made up of foodies, musicians and expert troubleshooters. We work hard and play hard, celebrate everyone’s passions, and help guide our colleagues to do the best work of their lives. If you are looking for a close-knit and hardworking team then you’ve come to the right place!
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Customer service experience (ideally over the phone)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both English & French
- Ability to handle multiple incoming requests
- The ability to convey a customer-focused attitude
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Computer hardware and networking experience
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Retail experience
- Technical problem solving experience
What’s in it for you
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!