Reporting to the VP of operations, the candidate will be responsible of putting in place processes and policies of the procurement department. The candidate will also be managing the supply chain of goods and services. The Sourcing Manager will identify the needs of the teams and will lead the negotiations until a signed contract.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Participate in the analysis of the acquisition needs for goods and services for different internal teams.
- Develop business relationships with suppliers
- Involve and inform team members of the diverse operations in the supply chain
- Make recommendations concerning the best method of procuring and optimizing investments.
- Define the best negotiation strategies in order to respond to the needs of the team with the goal or reducing costs and optimizing relationships with suppliers
- Outline recommendations for the granting of contracts.
- Prepare request of proposal, evaluate propositions, negotiate price and condition of contracts.
- Work in collaboration with the legal teams to ensure conformity to contractual documents.
- Evaluate and measure performance of suppliers
- Keep track of the renewal of contracts
- Update and improve the supply chain processes to ensure they continue to be improved.
- Ability to handle functions related to procurement and ensure leadership.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- Analytical spirit, sense of initiative and solid communication skills.
- Mastering of the Mac OS and the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in IT Procurement
- Professional title (PGCA)
- Knowledge of tools in IT procurement
And what about the perks?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!