Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time iOS Developer to join our team. As key members of our Development team, iOS developers are responsible for the design and implementation of Lightspeed's award-winning iOS application. With a strong technical background, this team uses test-driven development, strong software design & usability skills, and has a passion for technology to solve real-world business problems for customers around the globe.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Translating agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing estimates for development effort
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and implement stunning user interfaces
- Assisting QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- 4+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software in Swift or Objective-C for iOS or macOS
- Proven track record developing enticing user interfaces
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Knowledge of the Cocoa framework
- Knowledge of Swift language
- Knowledge of UI design Apple tools
- Experience working with Git source versioning
- Experience integrating with REST web services
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Demonstrated experience using test-driven development
- Experience with Objective-C
- Experience with Core Data
- Experience with Reactive Programming
- A keen interest in API design
- Knowledge of Core Animation
- Fluency in French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!