Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Expert to join our global Hospitality SRE team. This team of experts enables our development teams to efficiently build and run great software to excite our customers. Currently the SRE team is operating 5 different product platforms, mostly running on AWS Cloud infrastructure. Utilizing a variety of technologies including Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Lambda’s, ....
You’ll be focussing on the strategic expansion and scalability improvements of our flagship product - while being part of the global team to keep the lights on on all platforms.
As an SRE you’ll work closely together with engineers and product managers around the world in order to provide tailored and innovative solutions for the market.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Use automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Design and architect operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Work with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable and reliable Cloud cost efficient infrastructure
- Write and maintain architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhere to and advocate for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborate with development teams and use intuition, experience and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be on call for periods of time)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer-focused mindset
- Quality and reusability oriented
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods and testing
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and stay focused
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Linux Systems, Config Management
- Strong experience with datastores: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Strong “Automate All The Things” mindset
- Experience with Infrastructure as code practices, we use Terraform
- Understanding of Secret management with Vault or similar systems
- Good experience provisioning and managing infrastructures with high availability constraints
- Good communication skills in English
And what about the rest?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!