Lightspeed, a global software solution provider for small to medium-sized businesses for retail and hospitality industries, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our Amsterdam office. You will spend your day helping define product specifications, creating digital additions and modifications to a dynamic product line and designing fully-functional new products – but you know that already. To be successful in this role, you should have both a polished sense of design and the ability to translate design requirements into practical product features.
We’re global, with teams in locations throughout Europe, North America, and Australia, so you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally with our existing talented global teams and they can’t wait to meet you!
Do we match?
Now we get to brag... Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It's smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work, join us and see the new heights you can reach.
What you will do:
- Support, refine and be able to contribute to and communicate with other business lines the complete design process of your team, from ideation to prototyping, testing, and implementation
- Work closely with our global product design team to help define and refine our visual language and design system
- Working closely with product management stakeholders, you will reach a shared vision to identify and define new features, collaborating with our UX researchers
- Work with our friendly developers to provide documentation to deliver features that you help create
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing, documenting and releasing software products, preferably cloud-based SaaS solutions and/or mobile products
- You’ve worked within a cross-functional development team using Agile methodologies
- You know Sketch like the back of your hand and have worked with or have experience with Design systems or asset-managing systems
- You practice user-centered design (UX and UI are your favorite acronyms!) Laser-focused on improving the user experience with existing, and new functionality, suggesting innovations while remaining deadline-driven
- Research is very important to you; you understand how to collaborate with, interpret and act on findings from UX research
- You are happy working as part of a global team in an open and inclusive creative environment
It would be awesome if you have…
- Experience designing a B2B SaaS product
- Owned or helped support and contribute to a design system
- Familiar with or have participated in Design Thinking sessions
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates – be part of the Lightspeed family
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free Friday afternoon drinks
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!