Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place to join our team - remote, hybrid or in-office!
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a great developer with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and working with a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders and developers.
Most important of all, you’ll work with Payments experts within a growing department that is a big part of Lightspeed’s success. You’ll also help our merchants by creating new features that will help them grow their business.
What you'll be responsible for
- Design, document and implement microservices across the full stack: user interfaces, APIs, and other services
- Maintain and add features to existing services
- Contribute to internal pattern libraries and design systems
- Participate in development planning, retrospectives and demos
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Developer
- Professional full-stack experience in TypeScript
- Professional React and/or Next.js experience
- Professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Docker, Helm and Kubernetes
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Java 8, PHP 7 or other modern web development languages
- Spring Boot experience
- Knowledge of eCommerce / POS systems / Payments industry
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience in DevOps or as a sysadmin
- Project management or scrum master experience (or formal training)
Who you are
- A problem solver who does not shy away from tackling complexity - we love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
What's in it for you?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture with the option of working remotely or from one of our offices
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.