Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for Senior Systems Engineers / SRE to join our Platform SRE team in Auckland or remotely in NZ. You will become a key part of the Engineering department, tackling the unique challenges that come with keeping Lightspeed's infrastructure availability and reliability up and running.
What you’ll be doing:
- Technical Delivery
- Writing code, code reviews, fixing bugs
- Incident and outage response
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis for issues in production
- Contribute to the SRE tooling ecosystem making our cloud infrastructure easy to maintain
- Planning and architecture
- Estimating and collaborating with other SRE Engineers in planning and retrospective meetings
- Reducing manual work through automation
- Learning and helping others
- Assisting other engineering teams provisioning services or with requests
- Helping other engineers with training sessions, documentation and technical information
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Senior candidate who has experience with the following:
- Development with one or more languages, ideally a mix of scripting languages and compiled languages, e.g: Python and Go
- Public Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure, or OpenStack
- Infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Linux systems and Bash scripting management
The ideal candidate is someone who has a good understanding of modern development strategies (CI/CD) and DevOps principles, is familiar with managing RDBMS databases (e.g MySQL, PostgreSQL) and comfortable working with git based projects.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
Please note that we ask applicants to disclose any criminal convictions, and we conduct criminal record checks as part of our hiring process for this role.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!