Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Senior Quality Test Developer to join our Amsterdam team. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality through continuous involvement in our Software processes. You will use your experience in test planning and execution in an agile environment, paired with strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. If you have a passion for quality and want to help deliver software that solves real-world business problems for customers around the globe, we believe we should talk.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed’s recently completed $167 million financing round has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: Your love for software testing is matched with your strong technical background. You are well versed with the unusual changes that come with evaluating and communicating Agile software quality. You love testing and you are game with collaborating with a distributed development team to build products that solve real-world problems. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to work within an agile team to raise the bar.
- Design and develop automated testing standards and practices in sync with Quality Manager;
- Research, recommend, and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation;
- Design and enhancing frameworks;
- Develop manual and automated test cases to increase regression coverage as well as new functionality testing as part of an Agile project team;
- Execute manual and automated test cases including exploratory testing as needed;
- Coaching and motivating quality specialists;
- Working with the team on implementing and executing load & performance testing;
- Work closely with the software development team to maintain a high level of product quality;
- Actively participate in software requirements definition, providing feedback, time estimates and identifying areas of risk;
- Contribute to the ongoing efforts to refine and improve the company's test methodologies, software development processes, and internal testing tools;
- Recommend innovative ideas to automate to reduce manual effort and increase the code coverage;
- Be an advocate for quality throughout the development process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a natural curiosity and attention to detail;
- Comfort with VCS, CI tools, and Containers (Docker);
- In-depth experience with testing complex database systems and scripting languages;
- Strong interest in emerging web technologies;
- Experience in Testing API & Endpoints (with API client tool like Postman & Newman);
- Experience with REST architectural style.
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance and load testing of cloud-based systems;
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation, and release decisions;
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies;
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly. Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology;
- Great attitude and work ethics;
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deliveries strategies;
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience in security testing tools;
- Experience with PCI compliance systems;
- Experience with testing iOS and Mac applications;
- Knowledge of Lightspeed or other eCommerce products.
- Knowledge of DDT (Data Driven Testing) methodology.
- Knowledge of Hierarchical & Relational database model and sharding.
And when you’re not testing?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- Ability to work with highly skilled people and grow within the global Lightspeed Development team
- Dedicated innovation time built in to your sprint
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Are you curious about how we work at Lightspeed before you consider applying with us? Then join us at our Career Night in Amsterdam. This event will be May 13th from 17:00 until 20:00. Register via Eventbrite.