Reporting to the Director of Product Management, this Senior Product Manager will be responsible for understanding market, customer and internal stakeholder needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with the development teams as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
You will be responsible for a part of our Payments product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience to our customers and internal stakeholders such as sales, operations and support teams. You will become a market expert, bringing to the table a passion for design and the ability to glean insight from customers. You will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements
- Lead cross-functional conversations and activities to define the Lightspeed Product and services which meet the needs of a growing number of business verticals.
- Build Product strategy to lead your product understanding the organization goals and challenges in hand.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Collaborate with internal Go-to-Market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches
- Build product memos and continuously prioritize incoming internal and external requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the business.
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Be comfortable with the latest technology trends and know how to leverage them to have a positive impact on our product strategy
- Balance business and technical requirements to bring value to our customers while also allowing us to scale
- Prioritize bugs appropriately
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS or API-first environment
- Experience with launching global cloud-based products from the ground up
- Proven expertise in rolling-out highly scalable APIs for internal and external customers
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Proven collaborator and an excellent communicator
- Strong stakeholder management is a must
- Degree in Business Management, Engineering or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with building cloud based product from the scratch for the global market
- Industry expertise in POS, eCommerce, or related fields
- Prior software development experience in micro services architecture
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!