Reporting to the Director of Product Management, Payments, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for understanding market and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate, and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
You will be responsible for a part of our Payments product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience. You will become a market expert, bringing to the table a passion for design and the ability to glean insight from customers. You will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements
- Lead cross-functional conversations and activities to define the Lightspeed Payment APIs standards which meet the needs of a growing number of business verticals.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Collaborate with internal Go-to-Market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches
- Build product memos and continuously prioritize incoming internal and external requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the business.
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Be comfortable with the latest technology trends and know how to leverage them to have a positive impact on our product strategy
- Balance business and technical requirements to bring value to our customers while also allowing us to scale
- Prioritize bugs appropriately
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 5+ years of Product Management or Technical Leadership experience in a SaaS or API-first environment
- Proven expertise in rolling-out highly scalable APIs for internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of payment regulatory compliance and personal data security
- Degree in Business Management, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects
- Proven collaborator and an excellent communicator
- Solid understanding of payment processing, ideally in a PayFac or ISO model
- Industry expertise in POS, eCommerce, or related fields
What's in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiative and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!