Lightspeed is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Amsterdam office. As a Designer here, you will play a key role in crafting experiences, interactions and solutions that delight our customers and drive user adoption. You’d touch on all components of product design including user experience, user interface, customer research, ideation, prototyping, testing and validation. You’re also an active and available team member and thrive in problem-solving scenarios. Sound like you?
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders, and facilitate user research to identify and define new features
- Own the complete design process for your team from ideation to prototyping, testing, and implementation
- Interact directly with developers and provide documentation to deliver features
- Work closely with our global product design team to help define and refine our visual language and design system
- 5+ years of experience designing and releasing software products and a professional portfolio demonstrating your contribution to those products
- Experience with conducting qualitative and quantitative user research projects
- Experience with prototyping tools and techniques
- Experience working within a product team
- Experience working within a cross-functional development team using Agile methodologies
- Strong visual design skills and proficiency with tools like Sketch
- Education in design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience working with or owning a design system
- Experience designing a B2B SaaS product
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A brand new office on the Amsterdam Canals;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party, free sports classes and many more;
- Daily catered lunches and snacks;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!