Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our DX team in Auckland or remotely in New Zealand. But you may ask... what is DX? Well, it stands for Developer Experience and it's all about efficiency and getting our development engine to run smoothly.
In this role, you will bring a breadth of technical knowledge, software and systems engineering skills to drive innovative engineering solutions and take us to the next level. The DX team's work has a great impact on our Engineers, making them more productive and helping them achieve their goals with the least amount of friction along with the following key areas:
- Velocity - high efficiency and better developer experience for our engineers, enabling them to deliver software quickly, reliably and safely.
- Service lifecycle - reduce the effort required to provision, deploy and maintain services in production.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing code, code reviews, fixing bugs, incident and outage response and providing technical documentation for systems/processes
- Performing operational maintenance on Lightspeed's CI/CD and related parts of infrastructure
- Estimating and collaborating with other DX engineers in planning and retrospective meetings, gathering strong feedback on where productivity or reliability can be improved
- Implementing technologies or processes to improve the developer experience and CI/CD reliability, identifying and eliminating inefficiencies to enable developers ship code faster;
- Assisting other engineering teams in provisioning services or with ad-hoc requests, helping other engineers with presentations, training sessions and documentation.
What you need to bring:
- Previous success and failure (“scars”), which help you make better decisions
- Development experience in one or more languages, ideally a mix of scripting and compiled languages, e.g: Go, Python
- Understanding of modern development strategies (CI/CD) and DevOps principles
- Familiarity with provisioning and monitoring resources in a cloud-based environment, preferably on AWS
- Familiarity with Linux and Bash scripting
- Understanding of Docker or container orchestration techniques
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
Please note that we ask applicants to disclose any criminal convictions, and we conduct criminal record checks as part of our hiring process for this role.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!