Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Payments team in Switzerland. You will work on critical development initiatives as part of the new payments platform. You will have a chance to work with some of the smartest people in the company, making an impact on the fastest growing part within Lightspeed.
This job is based in Switzerland and it's ok to work remotely through a hybrid model. We have offices in Lausanne and Geneva.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based Payments platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Working as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- As part of a squad you get to work with our Product Managers, Architects and Principal developers
- Extending your very own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 5 Software Developers located across Montreal, QC and Switzerland. Our team is responsible for building the core platform that will drive the future of payments at Lightspeed.
If you have a real startup mindset and are at ease working in an environment that is not the most structured (yet ;) ) where you’re ready to do highly impactful work, this job is for you.
We're looking for a Senior level candidate who has experience with the following:
- Java ecosystem frameworks to build Microservices with: Spring Boot, Maven (or Gradle), Mockito, Junit, JPA/Hibernate or other ORM
- Writing unit and functional tests CI/CD one of (Jenkins, Travis, Teamcity, CircleCi or others)
- Running Java containers in cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Real time messaging systems (GCP Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Able to analyse production problems, incidents and performance issues
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible working policy
- Above standard contribution to pension fund
- Loss of gain insurance
- Accident insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of 400 CHF per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!