Lightspeed is looking for a Systems Administration professional to join our rapidly scaling team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive adoption of the latest and greatest IT and SAAS technologies while supporting the organization's growth. You will be responsible for the end-to-end management and execution of Lightspeeds IT platforms, 3rd party systems, and security needs. In addition to owning and executing all aspects of our IT strategy, you will also provide 3rd line support to our employees and will provide key coaching and support for fellow junior IT staff, helping them grow into potential Systems Administrators.
- Maintain and improve Lightspeed’s core IT and SAAS services such as Google Workspace, Atlassian, Slack, Zoom, Jamf, One Login, CrowdStrike Falcon, and other platforms.
- Drive the evolution and continuous improvement of IT onboarding & offboarding processes; automate hardware and software provisioning, manage users and permissions, and work with the People and Culture teams to ensure a seamless experience.
- Integrate and automate SaaS via API
- Deploy, manage and troubleshoot Macbook and Windows laptops across the organization using our MDM, leveraging automation at every opportunity; ensure the highest security policies are being enforced.
- Handle sensitive information with sound judgment; implement and maintain effective security systems to reduce business risk.
- Develop audit-proof systems and records; create quality control and assurance processes to prevent and check errors.
- Juggle multiple projects and demands effortlessly; meet Lightspeed’s SLA's for issue response and resolution.
- Support the evaluation and implementation of new enterprise technologies as Lightspeed scales.
- Provide day-to-day support to Lightspeed employees; address technical questions, troubleshoot issues with vendors, and provide coaching on Lightspeeds IT systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in information technology, ITIL/ITSM, and/or technical operations, preferably at a high growth start-up
- Experience with Google Workspace, JAMF Mobile Device Management (MDM), OneLogin Identity and Access Management (IAM), helpdesk ticketing systems, and other applicable software services
- Experience supporting large environments of Macbooks and Windows users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues
- Programming experience, such as Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), PureCloud, Slack, Workato, Zoom
- Understanding of networking concepts such as VPN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, OSI
- Experience with SOX, SOC1, SOC2 Compliance and GDPR/CCPA
- Proven experience managing & automating employee onboarding and offboarding processes
- Demonstrated high-level of detail orientation and organisational skills
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- A customer-centric approach to end-user support; able to explain technical concepts clearly to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders across an organisation
- Passion for identifying and mitigating potential data and system security threats through creative problem-solving
- Systems-thinker motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work.
- Exposure to modern and proven technology.
- Tons of growth opportunities.
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders.
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!