Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is looking for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing organization. You will be a key member of a mighty HR team providing generalist support in multiple key areas for our Sales & Marketing divisions. As an HRBP, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects for your client group and will partner with HR colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our Sales & Marketing teams.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong passion for people coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. You are well versed in the unique challenges that come with a fast-growing organization and are ready to roll up your sleeves to keep your client group satisfied. If you are a rocking HR professional and you know it, we’d love to hear from you!
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Consult with Lightspeed’s leaders to create a comprehensive people plan in order to influence lasting change. Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client group.
- Help build organizational health by providing insightful data to guide decision making and proactive solutioning.
- Provide front-line HR support and advice on HR policies, procedures and benefits.
- Ensure appropriate use of HR systems within department.
- Provide on-boarding services, answer new hire questions and ensure that all HR-related paperwork is completed and filed.
- Drive employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership in areas such as Career development, Performance review process, Employee engagement surveys, Compensation management, etc.
- Manage talent effectively to ensure we have the right people in the right roles. Help enable business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
- Take on any additional special projects as required by the client group or HR team
- 7+ years in a HR specialist or generalist function within a software technology company
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Degree in HR or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Adept at handling sensitive documents and situations, with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Canadian labour regulations
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and change management skills
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment
- Team player with the drive to work autonomously
- Fully bilingual (French and English); excellent communication skills
- CHRP designation
- Understanding of/experience with US labour law
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year.
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!