Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a passionate Data Engineer to join our Montreal-based Development team. The primary role for this position is to work on our cloud-based software, Lightspeed Retail.
If you have worked on large projects and your background is in Java or in any other object-oriented language, and you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, this might be the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design, build and develop ETL pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into application specific Data Warehouses
- Design, build and develop Analytical and Business Intelligence solutions
- Prototype and develop solutions using statistical methods; data mining, machine learning, AI, etc.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Fluent with Java and Python
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Strong interest/experience in data mining, machine learning, statistical methods, AI, etc.
- Strong proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Research or work experience in AI, automation and/or Data Engineering
- Good understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience in a continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- DevOps background
- Advanced degree Computer Science, Statistics or related fields
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed (TSX: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.