Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a great colleague who is also a passionate Senior Data Engineer to join our Montreal-based Corporate Data Team. The primary role for this position is to build data pipelines for our corporate stakeholders.
If you have worked on large data ingestion / data engineering projects and you’re proficient in data modeling, you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always willing to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, this might be the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Design, build, develop, and maintain data transformation pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into specific Data Lakes /Warehouses
- Design, build and develop Analytical and Business Intelligence solutions
- Ensure the highest standard of data governance by crafting data contracts and service level agreements, automating data lineage tracking, data cataloging and runtime validations
- Prototype and develop solutions using statistical methods; data mining, machine learning, AI, etc.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience designing data systems; data sourcing, accessibility, security, quality, governance, discovery, and integration into business processes
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Fluent with Python and Java
- Experience with cloud environments (in particular GCP) as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Experience with batch data pipelining frameworks (i.e., Airflow, Luigi, Yarn)
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data modelling for analytics
- Strong interest/experience in data mining, machine learning, statistical methods, AI, etc.
- Strong proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Knowledge of source control with Git, CICD pipelining, and experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Have a security mindset - should be able to understand compliances (GDPR, SOX, CCPA)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code implementation (i.e., Terraform)
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!