Lightspeed is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to join our growing Corporate Data Team. By analyzing and optimizing operational data, you'll accelerate and improve our ability to make decisions by ensuring we have access to timely and accurate information. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Gather requirements and translate business problems into structured quantitative problems
- Directly work with functional departments to draw out business insights from analytical output, derive business recommendations, and present them through compelling data stories and visualizations
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders and team members to design accurate and relevant datasets, reports, dashboards, and analysis for operational and strategic initiatives
- Perform data reconciliation/manipulation tasks and identify opportunities for automation and integrity/consistency checks
- Apply and promote data governance rules by coaching stakeholders on the discovery, access, and utilization of data assets
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Advanced SQL skills (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP)
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong expertise with data analysis
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Bachelor degree in Business Technology Management, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Python, R or other programming language
- Professional experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
- Interest in technology
Who you are
- Ability to multitask
- Great at understanding business context
- Willingness to learn new data systems.
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues.
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organisational skills
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!