Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Senior Data Analyst to join our Data team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Development and Business Analytics, this role is responsible for developing and maintaining analysis that helps our entire organization make better, faster decisions. If you’re organized, ambitious, and intelligent with a mind for statistics and analysis with experience working in Excel, SQL, and Python or R, then this may be the position for you. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing, presenting, and interpreting complex data sets.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide data-driven strategic insights
- Own analysis from start to finish: understand the underlying data, discover trends, and continuously improve
- Work with internal stakeholders across finance, sales, and product teams to define and measure key performance indicators
- Build automated processes using SQL/R/Python to improve data cleanliness, processing and analysis
- Deliver accurate and cleanly-built work
- 4+ years of analytics experience
- Strong fluency in Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Strong fluency with Python or R
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work independently and drive towards an answer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced startup environment
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Salesforce.com reporting
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Experience with Data mining techniques
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) valuation metrics
- Fluency in French
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!