Lightspeed is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to join our growing Corporate Data Team. By analyzing and optimizing operational data, you'll accelerate and improve our ability to make decisions by ensuring we have access to timely and accurate information. If you love digging into the root causes of problems, finding patterns, and working with multiple teams, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Gather requirements and translate business problems into structured quantitative problems
- Directly work with the Finance and the Go-to-Market departments to draw out business insights from analytical output, derive business recommendations, and present them through compelling data stories and visualizations
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders and team members to design accurate and relevant datasets, reports, dashboards, and analysis for operational and strategic initiatives
- Perform data reconciliation/manipulation tasks and identify opportunities for automation and integrity/consistency checks
- Apply and promote data governance rules by coaching stakeholders on the discovery, access, and utilization of data assets
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Some experience in financial planning and analysis
- Advanced SQL skills (Asset: Experience with BigQuery and GCP)
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Looker or other BI tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Strong expertise with data analysis
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Bachelor degree in Business Technology Management, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with Python, R or other programming language
- Professional experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
- Interest in technology
Who you are
- Ability to multitask
- Great at understanding business context
- Willingness to learn new data systems.
- Ability to take directions and to communicate issues.
- Ability to work independently
- Great attention to data accuracy and integrity
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong analytical skills and organisational skills
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set in data and technology, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Join a recently created data team and help us move to the next level
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your data skill-set and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!