As a Senior Software Developer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Canada or the United States.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Creating and extending functionality of our products by contributing to our microservice-based platform
- Developing clean and highly maintainable code
- Extending our continuous integration / continuous deployment environment
- Collaborating as part of a team (squad) to deliver product features and functionality
- Engaging with our Product Managers, Architects, Principal developers, and other stakeholders
- Extending your own skills by learning from and growing with the team
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 4+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade software in Java and/or Ruby ecosystems
- Ownership for your features and systems throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Solid foundation in computer science
- Ability to analyse production environments, incidents and performance characteristics
- Demonstrated experience creating unit and integration tests for complex systems
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming, and refactoring
- Eagerness to improve existing systems and plan new ones
- Openness to working in both Java and Ruby environments
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with eventual consistency and distributed client models
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests with frameworks such as: Selenium, Appium, rspec, JUnit
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) datastores (Dynamo, Redis, Firestore)
- A keen interest in API design
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent
Who you are
- You are a team-player who likes to contribute to discussions and share your own experience.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to function effectively in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- You are always seeking improvement and progress.
- You are eager to make decisions and not afraid of making mistakes.
What is in for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!