Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is growing quickly and we’re looking for a great colleague who is also a passionate Senior Analytics developer to join our Corporate Data Team. The primary role of this position is to build data pipelines that will provide insight to our corporate stakeholders.
If you have worked on a data pipeline, can use SQL language to order your food at the restaurant and you’re proficient in data modelling, you’re a natural-born problem-solver and always willing to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. You are collaborative and quality-focused. You know when to take a shortcut, but more importantly, you know when you should not take one. You provide feedback, not just to other contributors but also to management, and business teams. You are able to take any task that a department throws at you and proactively challenge it, this might be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Cleanse and transform raw data into business logic to help stakeholders build reports, and ensure the right data gets to the right people at the right time
- Collaborate with data engineers, data analysts and data architects, to design and feed proper data models for downstream usage.
- Act as a champion for data quality and usability across the organization
- Ensure availability, quality, searchability of the data and documentation
- Write, clean, and maintain SQL/Python queries/scripts that are easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and are highly performing with proper test implementation
- Automate the testing of our data models and monitor their quality
- Provide technical leadership on data solutions that are forward looking
- Work with the team to continuously improve our data pipeline
- Adopt software engineering best practices, such as version control and design patterns and teach others to adopt these best practices;
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proficient skills with SQL;
- Strong knowledge of Python in a data analysis context;
- Ability to break down complex projects into smaller stories to help other team members & themselves deliver
- Experience with MPP data warehouse (we use BigQuery)
- Experience in performing data profiling, data mapping, and data quality validation.
- Experience with data orchestrator (we use cloud composer)
- A good understanding of industry-standard design patterns for data warehouse data models
- Experience with cloud environments (in particular GCP) as well as containerization solutions as a user
- Experience with source control using Git or equivalent, CI/CD pipelining, and writing automated unit and functional tests
- A security mindset - should be able to understand compliances (GDPR, SOX, ...)
- Excellent communication skills
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
● Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
● Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
● Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
● Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
● Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
● Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
● Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
● Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners)
● Unlimited paid time off policy
● Health insurance
● Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
● Paid leave and assistance for new parents
● Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
● Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!