As Lightspeed’s Sales Trainer, your main focus will be around the effectiveness of our various sales teams. You will determine and respond to training needs with the ultimate goal of maximizing revenue generation across Lightspeed’s North American markets. By mentoring salespeople, designing individual and team training courses, and preparing educational material, you will play a critical role in helping our salespeople develop their skills and achieve their quotas.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Coach employees on sales tactics and processes, while providing advice on coping with related challenges
- Develop and maintain educational material including presentations, product trainings, documented processes, playbooks, sales scripts and case studies
- Design training courses, both live and self-led, which include validation methods via role-playing activities and job simulation
- Gather feedback on all training programs from trainers, managers and employees
- Collaborate with managers to evaluate employees’ post-training performance
- Collaborate with management to assess business needs in order to provide recommendations on training plans and programs to enhance knowledge and skills
- Track training and coaching activity, record key metrics, ensuring that audit trail and training history are complete and up to date
- Other duties, as required
- Occasional travel expected
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Work experience as a sales coach, sales trainer, or similar role
- Experience in a sales or customer service position
- Familiarity with role-playing activities and e-learning platforms
- Thorough understand of sales techniques
- Experience creating presentations and materials (e.g. videos, slides, documents)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate people
- Problem-solving skills
- Degree in Business, Education, Human Resources or relevant field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
Even better if you have, not not necessary:
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience in working in a retail or hospitality environment
- Interest in new and emerging technologies
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!