Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Sales Engineer to improve Lightspeed’s sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions. They will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customer technical decision-makers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. They are responsible for achieving sales quotas together with the Lightspeed’s Sales teams.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Be the main technical point of contact within Lightspeed’s Sales team
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support
- You will “wow!” prospects and customers by acting as the lead technical expert during product demonstrations, in person or through webinars
- Develop competitive analysis sheets to support Lightspeed’s Sales teams
- Represent Lightspeed at conferences, shows, and exhibitions
- Provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team
- Collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure
- Provide training to customers, staff and resellers when needed
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing activities in a B2B environment
- Ability to popularize technical information for a general audience
- Superior presentation skills
- Ability to travel frequently
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Strong level of autonomy with the ability to drive projects with limited guidance
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- MBA or project management certification
- Strong understanding of retail and Point of Sale technologies
- Knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking
- Knowledge of system integration through API
And when you're not providing technical expertise?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!