Lightspeed is looking for a full time Sales Engineer who would be ready to join our European team, whilst working primarily with our Belgian and Dutch customers.
As a Sales Engineer you will be the in-house consultant and the person who bridges the gap between our sales teams and customers and also between product development and sales functions. Your technical knowledge of our products will be essential to assist our customers to make the right decision and our sales reps to close their deals.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting technical presentations of the Lightspeed products and consultative sessions for our Dutch and Belgian prospects and customers to make sure they understand the capabilities of the software and rely on your input to make the right decisions. You will wow them with your expert technical knowledge, honesty and professionalism.
- Collaborating with teams across the organisation such as Marketing and Product Development, to provide insights on customer needs. You will have the chance to shape the future of our products.
- Holding webinars for our existing and potential customers alongside our integration partners to present the benefits of working with Lightspeed and its partners.
- Attending trade shows, conferences and exhibitions.
- Running training sessions that will enable our sales teams and reseller partners to understand our products more and sell more effectively.
- Working alongside other Sales Engineers in Europe on ad-hoc projects such as content development, video development, training sessions, product launches, competitor analysis and many more interesting topics.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience in sales either B2B or B2C
- You speak fluent French and Dutch and have a good level of English.
- You are a curious person and are always willing to learn.
- You are accountable and happy to work autonomously to set deadlines.
- You are presentable, professional, friendly and reliable.
- If there is a tricky case, you look at it as a fun challenge and are ready to solve it.
- You have great presentation skills and are not afraid to talk in front of executives and/or large audiences.
- You are willing to learn and you learn quickly.
- You are a natural helper and have a little bit of a nerd factor to dig into new softwares and features, so you are always on top of what is available and what is possible and ready to assist with questions/training.
- You manage your time efficiently and communicate to your team and manager when you need assistance.
- And most importantly, you have a positive and can-do attitude.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Understanding of the retail and/or hospitality industry and Point of Sale technologies
- Knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking
- Knowledge of system integration through API
- Other European languages are a plus but not essential.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Zendesk are a plus but not essential.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!