Are you ambitious? Are you experienced in sales, but you still want to learn a lot about deals before growing into a specialised sales role? Do you get excited to talk with entrepreneurs? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are growing and therefore looking for the best sales people to contribute and impact our success. As a Sales Development Representative for the UK and Islands, you will be joining an ambitious sales driven team. You will act as a trusted consultant for entrepreneurs in e-commerce, hospitality and retail by reviewing and qualifying prospects.
- Identify new business, mainly through telephone and email communication, by getting in touch with prospects and introducing Lightspeed solutions - #communication
- Encourage all inbound leads through to qualification for Lightspeed inside sales team - #challenge
- Identify customer needs to comprehend if Lightspeed service would be a good fit - #opportunities
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time - #lead management
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified - #notes
- Cooperate with the Sales Development Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets - #strategy
You bring to the team:
- Experience in successfully selling into the UK markets
- Full professional fluency in English is a must
- 1+ years of Sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, or any related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on different channels (phone, e-mail…) as well as excellent listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined targets
- Ability to succeed in a competitive, result-oriented environment
- Passion for people and technology
What is in it for you?
You'll be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where communicating with potential clients to boost the business was never such fun. We stand strong with our mission to make businesses grow.
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam, the bi-annual company barbecues and many more
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!