Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative (Hospitality) to join our growing NoAm team! This role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you’re looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive new business growth through qualifying warm inbound leads from marketing generated sources (webinars, trials, quote/demo requests) primarily through telephone and email communication;
- Nurture all inbound leads through to qualification for Lightspeed’s inside sales team;
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience;
- Identify customer needs to determine if Lightspeed solutions would be a good fit;
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time;
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified;
- Work with the Sales Development Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals;
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
What you need to bring:
- 2+ years of sales or customer facing experience;
- Experience in technology (software, mobile or other) – major plus;
- Experience in hospitality an asset;
- English proficiency needed, bilingualism in French a plus;
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication;
- Autonomous, outgoing, a self-starter;
- Tech savvy, but able to understand people who are not;
- Being awesome and entrepreneurial.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact;
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners);
- Competitive benefits, flexible paid time off policy and more!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.