Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Sales Development Representative to join our London-based Sales team. This role is an Inside Sales position for our office located in the heart of London. We are growing and therefore are looking to hire the best sales people on the market who are happy to contribute to our success.
Are you ambitious? Are you experienced in sales, but you still want to learn a lot about deals before growing into a 'hard core' sales role? Do you get excited every single time you talk to customers? If so, we want to hear from you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. It is smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
As a Sales Development Representative you will:
- Identify new business, mainly through telephone and email communication, by getting in touch with prospects and introducing Lightspeed solutions - #communication
- Encourage all inbound leads through to qualification for Lightspeed inside sales team - #challenge
- Identify customer needs to comprehend if Lightspeed service would be a good fit - #opportunities
- Manage multiple lead sources, including incoming calls, emails, chats and referrals at a given time - #lead management
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce, to ensure all communications are logged and identified - #notes
- Cooperate with the Sales Development Manager to develop new strategies to grow sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets - #strategy
You need to have:
- Experience successfully selling into the UK market
- Full professional fluency in English
- 1+ year of Sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business, or any related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on different channels (phone, e-mail…) as well as excellent listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined targets/quotas
- Ability to succeed in a competitive, result-oriented environment
- Passion for people and technology
Now your turn:
- Be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where communicating with potential clients to boost the business was never such fun and money. We do the best work of our lives. And you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A modern office with panoramic views of the city, and a rooftop terrace overlooking the Shard;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Awesome snacks (better than all other Lightspeed offices ;))
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!