As a Research Data Analyst you will be part of our Product Strategy and Research and will work closely with internal stakeholders to understand analysis needs, design and prototype solutions and deliver the final product. You will leverage data to support business decisions related to Product Development, Design, and Marketing. You will be responsible for the design and development of visual analysis tools, dashboards and reports, primarily in Looker or Tableau.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ask relevant questions, understand their key business challenges and identify opportunities for data science to make a meaningful impact.
- Collaborate with Product & Technology, Marketing and Design teams to ensure a holistic approach to business and customer problem solving.
- Gather, clarify and consolidate business requirements for reporting and visualizations.
- Collect and integrate data from multiple sources and conduct advanced analysis to understand behaviour.
- Design and develop highly interactive dashboards, reports and analysis tools.
- Create and maintain advanced dashboards such as multi-source dashboards with data blending, table calculations, advanced calculated fields, customized visuals, etc.
- Use existing data or source necessary data to tell compelling stories and create actionable insights, analytics and visualizations.
- Contribute to the ongoing product roadmaps based on customer feedback, data analytics, and market research.
- Support and advocate for ongoing internal knowledge capture and sharing.
- Educate staff members through ongoing training and individual support.
- Communicate and present findings across the business.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Proven related work experience in managing analysis and insight delivery.
- Bachelor in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Analytical Social Science or related analytical disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for data visualization, design and software development.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to aggregate information and data from multiple sources.
- Strong business acumen, able to understand the linkages between deliverables and customer value.
- Solid presentation builder, with a keen eye for design, especially with data visualization.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other data visualization tools.
- Experience using SQL, Python or R to conduct analysis.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Masters Degree with 3 years relevant experience or PhD
- Experience with Google Analytics for product usage data analysis.
- Deep understanding of data science methods, such as regression modeling, forecasting techniques, time series analysis, machine-learning concepts (such as supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, ensemble models), causal inference, mathematical optimization, and others.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!