Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Quality Test Developer to join our B2B team in the east coast of North America. You will play a key role reinforcing the quality standards in the organization as part of the new payments platform. You will have a chance to work with some of the smartest people in the company, making an impact on the fastest growing part within Lightspeed.
For this role, you can be located in Canada +1/-1h from EST time zone.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and support test automation tools and frameworks
- Deploy automated test suites in a Continuous Integration (CI) system
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code to develop high-quality test scripts
- Help development teams create and maintain automated test cases and suites
- Automate the logging of defects exposed by automated test failures
- Continuous improvement of quality process through use of tools and quality techniques
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you need to bring:
You will collaborate with a team Software Developers located across Montreal, Toronto and New York. The B2B team is responsible for building the marketplace platform that will connect retailers and brands at Lightspeed.
While a background in quality assurance is preferred, this is a test automation position and you will be spending most days leveraging your development skills. Lightspeed’s Agile development environment will allow you to shine both individually and as part of a team of like-minded automation experts.
You have a background in test automation. You are well versed with the unique challenges that come with testing software in an agile development environment. You love testing and you’re game with collaborating with distributed development teams to create products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe.
We're looking for an Intermediate Test Developer who has experience with the following:
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Gitlab, TeamCity, Buddy, Bamboo, and/or CircleCI.
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation, and release decisions.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (written and spoken) and work closely with teams that follow Agile principles to keep everything flowing smoothly
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!