Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is looking for an IT Project Manager in North America to join our rapidly scaling team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing global IT projects along with other members of the project team. The candidate should have some IT project management experience, or relevant service desk or infrastructure management experience, and possess some technical capabilities.
The candidate will work alongside other IT Project managers and report to the Director of IT located in North America.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving the employee experience and delivering value to key stakeholders.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Ensure that all IT projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Coordinating activities with key stakeholders, external vendors, and internal resources in the execution of IT projects.
- Manage project resources and improve project practices within the department.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation within all projects
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
What you’ll bring to the team
- Hands-on IT Project Management experience
- Experience with ITSM platforms
- Technical expertise and knowledge of common saas platforms
- Experience managing technical teams in multiple regions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across a diverse set of audiences
- You can break complex problems into smaller ones and are able to draw clear conclusions and formulate efficient action plans
- Project management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, CAPM)
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban and Scrum)
- Experience with ServiceNOW, Jira Service Desk, or similar ITSM platform
- Experience working with G-Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) and Slack
- Demonstrated high level of detail orientation and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- Able to explain technical concepts clearly to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders across an organization
- Systems-thinker motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning license
- Volunteer days
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!