Lightspeed is seeking a results-oriented Product Marketing Manager to help accelerate the launch and lifecycle management of our restaurant product line. The key objective of this position is to improve how we take our products to market: establish positioning and messaging; conducting market analysis; and develop tools and documents in order to ensure a fast, consistent, accurate and impactful go-to-market strategy.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- You will become an expert of the restaurant industry and understand the technology landscape that helps restaurateurs be successful
- You’ll lead the execution of market research and compile market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our messaging and pricing
- Recommend current and future market positioning opportunities, including new functionality, offerings, improvements and/or business models
- You’ll learn the competitive landscape and products inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge
- You’ll be the go-to person for messaging around our products and value proposition
- Partner with Marketing, Product Management, Design & Customer Success teams to deliver your strategy, influence product roadmaps and advocate for experiences that drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Develop and own results for the 1-year GTM strategy as well as individual feature and product rollouts from start to finish
- Lead and develop the long-term strategy, priorities and organization that will meet the brand and product marketing needs of our global business
- Maintain a deep understanding of our customer and user personas to translate insights into strategies that help support and drive our roadmap
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop strategies and action plans on product and brand marketing initiatives
- 2+ years working in a product marketing or equivalent role
- Highly organized, analytical and a motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal, written and speaking at events
- Ability to build and maintain close working relationships and act as liaison with cross-functional and external stakeholders
- Superior computer skills, especially MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to act as a positive, motivating leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Experience is the restaurant industry in any capacity is a strong asset
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!