Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed’s one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
As our Product Marketing Manager, you will define the narrative to help share Lightspeed’s story with the ANZ market: owning positioning, messaging, and go-to-market planning for each of Lightspeed’s hospitality products and features. You’ll be the expert in our buyers’ behaviour and spend your days unearthing and leveraging the emotion felt in the buying process to show time-starved hospitality operators that they absolutely need Lightspeed to thrive. Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for SMBs.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
This role is a 12 month contract with the possibility to go full time at the end of the initial term.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Develop positioning and messaging that makes Lightspeed’s value proposition irresistible amongst a sea of competitors
- Embed yourself in the Product Team; actively engage with customers in Pilot phases of new product activities to test messaging and gather feedback
- Lead market research as it relates to positioning and messaging Lightspeed; interview customers, conduct closed lost analysis, map the competitive landscape, and leverage any research necessary to fully inform your work
- Plan the marketing launch of new products and features, then manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Coordinate the creation of content (ie: product videos, website copy, landing pages, blog posts, case studies, sales enablement materials and other marketing assets), in line with brand voice, to articulate the benefits of our products and increase engagement and conversion
- Mastermind and execute product engagement strategy (ie, upsell & cross sell, as well as, feature / integration adoption) to help our customers & leads see Lightspeed’s full value
- Develop and execute owned channel campaigns (eDM, in-app etc.) that deliver on your product marketing objectives
- Develop detailed paid channel campaign briefs (social, search etc.) for Performance / Growth marketing specialists to execute, that support your product marketing objectives
- Measure the success of these initiatives and optimize your approach based on the data
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle and track product conversion funnels in order to constantly refine your marketing focus and engagement strategy
- Work with the Product Managers to ensure product, marketing, sales, and service are fully aligned on how we promote the benefits of Lightspeed and its products
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Demonstrated passion for Product Marketing with 2+ years of experience, ideally in B2B / SaaS, and even better in food service / hospitality
- Experience developing and driving SaaS marketing strategies including segmentation and positioning
- Proven ability to impact customer buying behaviours, including increased conversion and cross sell rates
- Competency in creating briefs, scripts and wireframes for content producers, designers and developers
- Proven ability to ask great questions to unearth valuable customer insights
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- High EQ, you get people
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to self-prioritise and manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and you’re a damn good copywriter
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience using analytics tools. i.e. Google Analytics, Heap Analytics
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce and Wordpress a plus
- Flexible working arrangements including WFH
- Open plan, warehouse conversion office space in the heart of Chippendale
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are
- Global activities like hackathons, board game nights
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to powering global businesses to ignite local communities. Come be a part of the future of commerce!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!