The Product Manager will be responsible for overall team product direction for one of our Retail product lines, ensuring clarity in the product narrative and jobs to be done. Responsibilities include ensuring the team is staffed for success, engaged, motivated, mentored and follows the Lightspeed & industry product management best practices. Product direction will include strategy, ideation, implementation & continuous product improvement. Detailed team responsibilities are listed below.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- In close collaboration with design and development leaders, define & maintain the product roadmap
- Prepare high level product definition documents (narratives and jobs to be done) during ideation phase to obtain stakeholder approval
- Gather insights from our existing customer base, by running regular customer interviews or surveys
- Identify potential business partners to accelerate time to market
- Prepare financial models to place value on new features & participate in product pricing discussions
- Writing & grooming of product backlogs & the sprint objectives
- Define and track (after release) new feature criteria for success KPI’s
- Customer engagement, acquisition, monetization retention
- Create effective monthly product communication
- Participate in the internal and external PM community
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience evolving in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Knowledge of product instrumentation / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, Intercom
- Strong analytical skills
- Eloquent presentation & communication skills
- Results oriented & able to contribute in team environment
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Previous people management experience
- Keen interest in marketing
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile development environment
- Ability to work cross team organizations
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!