Lightspeed is looking for a results-driven, Product Content Specialist to join our Marketing team in Montreal. The ideal candidate will reinforce the key value propositions for each of our products through written and visual content. Success in this role will be measured by an increase in product adoption and the effective nurture and growth of our current customer base. The ideal candidate has SaaS or tech marketing experience and has worked in brand/content marketing, alongside an enterprise sales operation.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, equal parts data-driven/creative, and a strong desire to learn and grow. We're a fun team and have a great company culture.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented and self-motivated. As our target customer base is retailers and restaurateurs, prior experience in these fields is a plus. We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work are essential.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we use to drive success in marketing and sales. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with product management, account management, sales, and marketing to develop product positioning, messaging, and proof points that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- In conjunction with others on the team, develop a product content marketing plan —and replicable playbooks— including the key activities and budgets needed to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers on an ongoing basis.
- Write clear, concise, SEO-optimized product content for the entire Lightspeed product portfolio, including white papers, blog posts, email, presentations/decks, etc.
- Produce ancillary content that reinforces our brand and product messaging (webinars, Facebook Lives, etc)
- Create customer-engaging short copy for landing pages and acquisition campaigns
- Work with project managers/coordinators to develop creative briefs to align stakeholders and guide product content development.
- Support the go-to-market strategy and launch of new products and product updates with product marketing content.
- Ensure product content is aligned with brand tone, follows best practices in writing for the intended medium, and adheres to our quality standards for clear, concise writing.
- Propose new content formats to educate customers on product usage, as well as industry ‘thought leadership’ and best practices.
- Be an ambassador to key customers by championing their success and crafting compelling stories from their experiences.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our key customers and sales verticals to determine the most appropriate communication channel for each.
- Assess the effectiveness of the product content marketing programs on an ongoing basis, and report these outcomes to sales and marketing leadership. Analyze key metrics and make adjustments as needed.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of tech/SaaS marketing experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be an exceptional English language writer.
- Intermediate to an advanced level understanding of UX & UI principles.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of web analytics and platforms to measure and track (Google Analytics, Looker, etc).
- Proven track record of creating exceptional content that led to positive business outcomes.
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them simply and briefly.
- Strong empathy for users and a passion for creating content that connects with them.
- Ability to poke holes in copy (including your own) and iterate quickly.
- Crazy attention to detail: every word and use of punctuation just feels right.
- Must be comfortable moving fast and working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is—or isn’t—working.
- Excellent people skills. Must effectively interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, a plus
- Familiarity with photo/image editing (Photoshop) and video, a plus
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!