The Print Design Manager will be responsible for the creation, execution and procedureal flow of printed and branded materials. This can include but is not limited to: flyers, brochures, magazines, stickers, boxes and packaging, banners, 3D kiosks and merchandise such as hats, apparel and branded objects. They oversee the design, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met. Guardian of our brand guidelines and their execution, this role will be heavily involved with internal communications and materials that support team culture. The ideal candidate will be proactive, resourceful and have advanced knowledge of the print industry and pre-press production. They will have a willingness to continuously contribute to improvement efforts and embrace new methods that promote our commitment to quality and delighting our customers.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Confirm files are sent correctly by creative teams and proofs are routed and approved within schedule
- Reinforce brand guidelines standards across all departments. Contribute to ensuring consistency in messaging and branding across all communication efforts
- Develop a consistent design and production process approach across all teams
- Partner with the Creative team on projects and workflow issues
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- Remain up to date on the latest printing techniques and trends
- Maintain team priorities and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Coordinate workflow and contribute to the evolution of project process
- Provide consistent and timely follow up on proofs and quotes
- Work within budget to produce high quality products
- 5+ years of print production experience (leadership a plus)
- Knowledge of and experience working with various materials (paper, textiles, vinyl, etc)
- Excellent communication, proofing, organizational and project management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines and priorities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!