Reporting to the Director of IT & IS, the Project & Portfolio Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of all portfolio and project management activities across the IT & IS organisations.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Implement and oversee project methodologies & best practices within the IT & IS organisation
- Supervise a small team (scrum master & another project manager)
- Oversee a portfolio primarily composed of agile projects (70%) with some waterfall projects (30%), ensure that the proper methodology is used based on team and requirements
- Manage the execution of all portfolio activities as well as the interactions with various teams
- Manage the release schedule and dependencies that affect timely release delivery;
- Responsible for the external communication of the Portfolio, including Product Increment and release objectives and the overall Product delivery plan;
- Manage the defect prioritization sessions to ensure client satisfaction in relation to overall delivery capacity and priority guidelines;
- Manage the portfolio process and continuous improvement to increase effectiveness and overall delivery efficiency;
- Create performance dashboard for the Portfolio to communicate the true state of the Portfolio (e.g. state of client commitments, current and future capacity forecast, progress towards Portfolio objectives, progress of continuous improvement initiatives, etc.);
- Gather performance metrics from various teams and stakeholders on a regular cadence to operationalize the Portfolio performance dashboards and to further the Portfolio effectiveness (e.g. improve estimating and planning);
- Is a change agent with a positive outlook and a creative mindset with practical understanding of the lifecycle of effective culture and process change.
Succeeding as a Portfolio & Project Manager will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- University degree in a related discipline
- Possesses a minimum of 8 years of experience in a related role, Agile SAFE experience is a plus;
- Data driven mindset and strong reporting capabilities. Capable of implementing and measuring OKR, value metrics and KPIs
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, Monday.com)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French;
- Highly organized;
- Able to lead team of senior contributors to overall objectives;
- Able to succinctly communicate risk and progress to leadership;
- Able to analyze situations quickly;
- Strong facilitator and negotiator.
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year.
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!