After starting your day with great coffee, you and your team will discuss your day to day activities. Then you and your team will settle in to deploy multiple times a day while checking the logs for any discrepancies. Finally, you will celebrate your success with your team in our lively and social canal office on Herengracht in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will be working with a new code base in an environment that is open to change. This gives you many opportunities to put yourself forward for exciting and challenging projects where you can showcase your strong technical skills. As a customer-focused development team, we dedicate time to verifying customers problems, listening to their input and validating that we are delivering solutions that address our customers’ needs. Working with your team, you will be a vital part of this at every step. Finally, with full-stack teams, staffed by talented developers from 9 different countries, there is plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow at Lightspeed.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems;
- work in full-stack teams;
- have total ownership over your project to improve our e-commerce product;
- solve issues and prioritize based on customer impact;
- act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fluent English;
- a minimum of 3-year working experience as a PHP or GO developer;
- proven knowledge of PHP7 in OOP (Design Patterns and identifying Single Responsibility);
- at least a Bachelor degree and knowledge at an academic level;
- experience in working with Agile teams;
- experience with building and maintaining RESTful APIs;
- proven knowledge of MySQL (you can explain what’s an Index).
- E-commerce and SaaS experience;
- proven experience with Redis, Memcache, APC and other caching solutions;
- experience with ElasticSearch;
- experience with Linux (Ubuntu).
If you believe that continuous integration, deploying your code multiple times a day to production is how modern code should be produced, if you are not scared of taking full responsibility for the solution you have built including testing and verifying your code in production, if you enjoy celebrating your success with your team, then this position is for you.