Lightspeed is looking for a tech-savvy, sales driven Partnership Manager to join our dynamic Financial Services team. Reporting into the General Manager of Financial Services , you will build and expand our payments product and ecosystem with various processors all while making strategic deals that are valuable to the company.
On a daily basis you will pursue payment partnerships that might be attractive to partner with. You then activate these partners to build on our platform and support closing a commercially attractive deal. You will support the Payment team during partnership implementation, and aid to launch and help market the new apps to our merchants. You have a business mindset, are an excellent communicator, and understand API’s/coding and technical product management. You work to succeed and get paid to help other companies thrive on our platforms!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage the day-to-day Payment partner relationship
- Build and strengthen relationships with Lightspeed payment partners
- Lead the development of partnership strategies that align with product and business goals and create the partner management framework to implement and manage these strategies
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with existing partners in pursuit of better terms, aligned with product roadmap and business objectives
- Understand our lightspeed\s strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to Financial Service Leadership
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to support ongoing partnership management and identify new opportunities to fill product gaps or create net new business opportunities that deliver value to Lightspeed Users
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, Payments operations, Payment Product, Engineering, Sales and Support) to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Design and implement strategies and processes that will enable us to scale our payments business and increase our velocity as a team
- Responsible for delivering defined ROI, key learning’s, reporting and evaluation of partnership impact to drive market share growth, brand awareness and sales
- Strong understanding of current trends, patterns, and events in the industry
What you’ll bring to the team
- Fluent in English
- University degree in Engineering/Business/Marketing or other relevant studies
- 2+ years of related work experience – ideally with partnerships in software or fintech companies
- An understanding of the payments industry
- Excellent communication skills - you are a true relationship builder
- Passion for software technology in e-commerce / retail / restaurant
- You take initiative, you’re a self-starter and you act with confidence and conviction
- You are ambitious and driven to accomplish your goals
- You are a team player
- You have a strong attention to detail
Even better if you have, but not required
- Understanding/experience with API's, Coding, HTML
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge of the retail/e-commerce/restaurant industry
What's in it for you?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Beautiful office spaces across the globe;
- Work from home and remote work opportunities
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Awesome benefits and perks alongside autonomy and flexibility in your work
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!