Partner Development Manager Benelux Hospitality
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed provides the leading global, omnichannel cloud commerce platform for retail and hospitality businesses around the world to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our commerce platform transforms and unifies merchants' digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connections to supplier networks. Here’s your chance to join our dynamic, fast-growing EMEA partnership team as the Partner Development Manager Benelux Hospitality and help us empower our partners and customers to build successful businesses on Lightspeed.
This is a critical role on the Benelux Partnerships team with a high visibility and significant customer impact.
You will be an individual contributor responsible for developing transformational, high growth partnerships with companies of all shapes and sizes, that scale the acquisition of new hospitality merchants to Lightspeed. As an extension of our partner’s business, you will influence partners across the C-Suite, develop an individual go-to-market program that aligns the partners goals and incentivizes them to bring merchants to Lightspeed, whilst using the market leading resources and expertise within Lightspeed to provide dedicated and tailored support.
The successful candidate will have a bias for action with a good mix of skills that include an ability to understand a variety of partnerships and their value propositions, outbound B2B sales experience, strong networking and communication skills to build and deepen partner relationships, an ability to work effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams, and a desire to drive significant growth of our business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Defining new growth opportunities in the hospitality partner ecosystem for Lightspeed by conducting market research and creating a local go-to-market strategy to further secure our market leadership in line with Lightspeed strategic vision;
- Developing and managing a strategic pipeline of new partners to deliver the Benelux market strategy by working with go-to-market and product leaders;
- Hunting for new partnerships through networking, outbound prospecting and inbound qualification;
- End-to-end responsibility of the sales cycle from identifying and contacting relevant decision makers, to building relationships, managing strategic planning, commercial negotiation and contracting;
- Providing monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline reporting and forecasts;
- Onboarding new partners by leading and overseeing integration development with Technical Partner Managers, implementation of go-to-market strategy and ensuring a smooth handover to the allocated Partner Trainer, Partner Growth Manager and Partner Marketing Manager to unlock partner transactional growth with sales enablement and marketing programs;
- Collaborate with a range of business units and internal stakeholders, including management, product, sales, marketing and support to design and implement strategies and processes that will enable continuous expansion of our partner network and development of scalable solutions.
- Coordinate regular internal communications to Lightspeed’s cross-functional teams across Europe and worldwide on best practice sharing and updates to the partner ecosystem;
What You Need To Bring
- A passion for hospitality and customer experience
- Enterprise sales and business development experience at a product-led company for the hospitality industry, technology, or SaaS with experience building and implementing new partnerships preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- You are independent and entrepreneurial who thinks in solutions and keeps in mind the needs of our customers, the partner and the market;
- Proven track record of navigating and negotiating contracts in a complex and dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Self-directed individual and being able to thrive on change and prioritize effectively in a competitive and fast-moving environment
- Strong project management and prioritization skills as many stakeholders depend on you
- You are a true motivator with positive energy to fit this vibrant sales/tech team;
- Fluent French and English oral and written communication skills, you are comfortable drafting documents internally and externally and have strong group presentation skills;
Even Better If You Have, But Not Necessary
- New partnership development experience in SaaS & hospitality
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology and hospitality or equivalent practical experience
- Understands product integrations and API’s
- Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems;
- Sales trained (Sandler, SPIN etc.);
- Working on an international team
- Fluency in another language: Dutch or German
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll have the opportunity to partner with amazing companies and have a high impact on our company growth. In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered an attractive package of compensation which involves a competitive base salary, plus commissions and a long term equity incentive (we are all owners).
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Company pension program
- Health and wellness benefit
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Language classes & LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.