Our team is made up of the rare kind of people who blend technical knowledge with passion and empathy; we can’t stand to leave a problem unsolved, just as much as would never leave a customer behind.
We love eating beautiful food and sharing indulgent experiences with our friends and family, and we love the kinds of people drawn to that industry, for their creativity, skill, and lust for life.
As a Setup Specialist, you’ll work as a team with the Account Manager to set up the solution your Customer has come to Lightspeed for.
Your first and foremost role in the sequence of service is to execute the extremely valuable Menu Build service that we offer; a consultative process of configuring Lightspeed in an intuitive, logical way that empowers our users to achieve their goals.
This is truly an art-form; it’s never as simple as it sounds! It requires the skills of creative problem-solving, data literacy, active listening and clear communication. Experience working in a modern hospitality environment will be a huge advantage, but not a requirement.
It’s also a role that definitely entails some data entry; some of your tasks aren’t glamourous and require a heads-down approach and a self-driven enthusiasm to attack a stack of urgent work, and pile up results at the end of the day.
Peripheral to the Menu Builds are various other services we offer into which you will grow, such as custom building reporting dashboards and remotely supporting hardware setups, as well as other ways you can support the AMs in your squad through setting appointments and following up on communications.
- Build beautiful Menus for our customers that demonstrate Lightspeed’s hospitality expertise.
- Execute effective, outcome-driving interactions and clear communications with customers and other team members over the phone, video conference, and email.
- Rapidly execute data entry tasks from a backlog with a high level of independence and self-motivation.
- Contribute bountiful positive energy, infinite patience and unwavering enthusiasm to every interaction you have with your teammates and customers.
- You love learning fast
- You work hard independently
- You take satisfaction in problem-solving
- You are great on the phone
- 2+ years of experience in and around hospitality (ideal but not necessary)
- Previous experience in customer facing roles in SAAS or POS
- Sharp skills with Excel, Google Sheets, etc
- Barista grade coffee machine supplies all the coffee you can handle
- Regular team building events
- Regular visits from our Sydney and Montreal team members
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome office space located in Ortigas
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!