Lightspeed is seeking a Full-time, highly organized Office Manager. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, possesses amazing organizational & people skills, and obsesses over details. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Office Manager is responsible for managing the activities of our fast-paced and growing office and taking care of the well-being of our employees.
If you are a go getter, have killer organizational skills and love being the one who makes sure everything runs like clockwork, this may be the position for you.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Manage office coordination including cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts for Lightspeed’s Montreal and satellite offices
- Management of the reception and cleaning team
- Lead all internal moves and work on efficiently organizing employees in our office space
- Manage our global corporate travel platform and review global travel expenses
- Purchase office supplies
- Management of the suppliers
- Provide support to internal events (meetups, recruitment events, etc.)
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Help with compliance around the Office Québécois de la Langue Française
- Make sure that employees have all the services and furniture they need to accomplish the best work of their life
- Lead the health & Safety initiatives of the company and coordinate the committee
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Bilingual, strong understanding of spoken French is required
- Flexible on working hours (may be asked to work nights and weekends occasionally)
- Knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality; adept at handling sensitive documents and information
- Degree in Administration, Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Passion for people and technology
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!